Nevermind the hand that rocks the cradle...

...what about the cradle?

I'm the old mom on the block now, my kids are almost all grown and it's been well over twenty years since the first time I ever traveled with a baby. I do though, know exactly what they mean when the folks over at Baby Safe Travel talk about the horrible experience that inspired their business. A snippet from their 'about us' page paints the picture:

It all started with a bad experience at a hotel chain. We brought our baby with us on one of my husband’s business trips. We brought all of the essentials and wanted to use the hotels "crib" or "pack n play" for our baby to sleep in. The hotel brought us a foul smelling and beat up bed for our baby. I was disgusted as a mother to have my baby sleep in this filthy play-yard. So I called the front desk and requested another more suitable play-yard. The hotel staff brought us another one that was in worse condition and they said they only had two. We were also given a king sized sheet for this tiny baby crib, a strangulation hazard!

I remember those days well. From not being able to obtain a clean high chair in a restaurant to worrying about whether or not your baby will be safe sleeping in the equipment they provide, babies will be safer now with parents able to use their rating service.

So, the next time you need family vacation ideas that will enable you to enjoy your vacation knowing your baby is as well taken care of us you are, head over there first!
 
ss_blog_claim=a60905c3747daffdc58ddff9fc6a2230