Playing the Blame Game...

Have you got a problem? Is there something in your life that's just not right, or some little thing that just annoys the frac out of you?

I have the answer, and I'm not going to tell you to write Dear Abby; I'm not going to suggest you find yourself a good therapist, and I'm not going to tell you to go shopping.

I'm going to tell you something that will shock you right to your very core.

Blame someone else.

Yes. I did mean it. Blaming someone else for everything that's wrong in your life can be very therapeutic... especially if that person is actually willing to take the blame for you and plans to do it live, on Blog TV.

You'll feel like a new person when it's over.

You see, a few days ago, I received my regular Fuelmyblog newsletter. In it, I learned that when Fuelmyblog founder Kevin Dixie had sent out a mass fueling of the members, and included a note about the most recent contest they're running, some of the members (who clearly haven't invested much time in knowing anything about the community they've joined) didn't realize that they'd just been the lucky recipient of a bonus vote for their blog along with that bit of news and they actually reported his vote as spam.

As a result, he offered to apologize live, for the vote.

So that got me thinking about what an easy-going guy Kevin really is (and you know, his wife and fuel partner Sylvie is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet too) and I wondered if maybe he would take the blame for a lot of other things in the world too. I posted about that over at the Fuelmyblog blog, and got the ball rolling.

Kevin, like the good guy he is, readily agreed, and you have a little more than five hours from now, before that video on Blog TV is live, broadcasting Kevin's sincere apologies for all the woes of the world. You can add your list of what you'd like Kevin to apologize for by visiting the Fuelmyblog post and adding yours to the list.

Do it.

You'll feel better. I know you will.

And in the meanwhile, if you're a fuelmyblog member and you receive a vote from someone named Kevin_Dixie, and if it has a message in it... it's not spam. It means you've just received a vote from the big cheese. Pat yourself on the back and instead of clicking "report abuse," click "fuel" and give him one back.

It's the least you can do for him. After all, he's agreed to take full responsibility for Paris Hilton when even her parents haven't done that? Doesn't he at least deserve a vote?

[Cartoon Image Sources: The Age and E Cards]
 
ss_blog_claim=a60905c3747daffdc58ddff9fc6a2230